Instructions pour propositions de Symposium
is extendThe Scientific Committee of the FATO 9th International Congress is ready to receive proposal for symposiums to be held during the congress. The deadline for application is extended to March 30, 2020.
Proposals for symposium will be reviewed by a panel of 3 persons under the coordination of the Scientific Committee. The Scientific Committee will compile review reports and, will select which proposals will be accepted. All symposiums at the FATO 9th International Congress will be framed along the topics that are of interest for the rehabilitation community. These topics are:
|Development of rehabilitation services||Management of rehabilitation service provision|
|Training and Education||Prosthetics and Orthotics|
|Physical Therapy||Occupational Therapy|
|Speech Therapy||Rehabilitation Medicine|
|Seating and Wheelchair||Disabilities|
Guidelines for submitting a proposal for a symposium at the 2020 FATO 9th International Congress:
- Symposium should cover a rehabilitation issue that is of relevance from a technical, clinical, scientific, educational or organizational point of view. It should be intended to inform participants and to generate debate.
- A proposal must be submitted for each symposium (download the form)
- The official languages of the Congress are French and English and simultaneous translation will be provided during the Congress. Symposium proposals must be submitted in both languages.
- All symposium proposals must be submitted, in English and in French, via the Congress website (submit your proposal). If you experience any difficulties in submitting your abstract online, please contact the Scientific Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Symposium proposals must follow the FATO Congress structured format (download the form)
- The title of the symposium should concisely reflect its content. Additionally, a 40-word teaser (corresponding to the section “Information to participants” in the form) should be provided.
- Each symposium will last 90 minutes, and is strictly limited to that time. This timeframe must include introduction of the topic and speakers, presentations and must allow time for discussion.
- The symposium proposer (applicant) will be appointed as the chair of the symposium. The chair will be in charge of instructing the speakers beforehand, and during the session will introduce the topic and the speakers, will direct the discussion and act as timekeeper.
- The structure of the symposium is not fixed, provided that enough time for discussion is included. A structure with 3 speakers, each with a 20-minute presentation, is a common template that has been proven to be successful. The scientific committee strongly suggests symposium proposers stick to this template.
- The proposer is responsible for confirmation of the speakers to present at the 2020 FATO International Congress, including payment of registration fees. If speakers at symposium are not registered (and registration fees paid) by August 17th 2020, the symposium will be cancelled and replaced.
- You must use the FATO Symposium Proposal template (download the form). If you don’t use it your abstract will be rejected.
- Do not write outside the boxes. Any text or images outside the boxes will be deleted.
- Do not alter the form by deleting parts of it or adding new boxes. Simply enter your information into the boxes.
- You must use the indicated headers, remove the word numbering (being an approximation),
- The use of one image or table is allowed /encouraged, make sure any text in it is readable
- Save this file in “.docx” format, and saved under the following path: NAME_Surname_Abstract_SYMPOSIUM
- Symposium proposers should use the dedicated form to submit a proposal (see below).
- If you wish to submit a proposal, please fill in our Proposal for Symposium form (download the form) and save it on your computer, in “.docx” format under the following path: NAME_Surname_Proposal_SYMPOSIUM
- Submit your proposal, in English and in French, via the Congress website (submit your proposal). If you experience any difficulties in submitting your proposal online, please contact the Scientific Committee (email@example.com)
- The deadline for symposium proposal submission is extended to March 30 2020.
- All symposium proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and notification for acceptance will be sent by latest May 04, 2020
Send your symposium